Minor leaking roof repairs are often more cost effective than a full roof restoration or getting an entirely new roof. When your roof is damaged, leaking and could deteriorate further, but you’re not ready to spend some big bucks, a quick roof repair may be just what you need.
In some cases, fixing your roof as soon as you detect an issue, like when you see a small water stain on your ceiling, will be enough and completely save you from having to do major works on your roof.
Unfortunately, due to temperature changes in Brisbane, the storms, hail, birds and other animals, every roof gradually degrades. Eventually, this allows water to seep through, which can then damage your house. So fixing your roof as soon as possible can also save you having to fix the rest of the property.
How to know if your roof needs repair?
Here’s a list of checks that will tell you if you needs to organise some roof repairs:
- Water is leaking from your roof. Your roof is not sealed, but you never know where the water is going and what other damage it will do. This is a clear sign of trouble and you should act on it quickly.
- Moisture or mould on the ceiling, particularly in otherwise dry room. You may not see water, but the moisture and the mould will only spread and weaken the ceiling until it caves in. It’s best to start organising your Brisbane roofer to do some roof repairs.
- Visible cracks in tiles or valleys, or missing tiles (tile roof). If you have enough of those, especially if they seem to be growing, a leak is just a matter of time.
- Rust patches, nicks or holes in roof sheets, or gaps between sheets (metal roof). The more you have, the less time to fix them before trouble hits.
- Sagging of the roof. This may indicate structural damage and should get checked, and repaired, if necessary.
- Broken or missing seals around vents and chimneys in the roof. Easy enough to fix before any leaks happen.
What type of roof repairs do you need?
Once your roofing contractors arrive, they will inspect your roof closely for everything that prompts roof repairs, including:
- Small cracks or holes in the cement between tiles
- Cracked or broken roof tiles
- Tile roof leaks – holes in the underlying membrane
- Rusty or blocked valleys
- Faulty tile ridge capping
- Faulty flashings
- Skylight damage
- Chimney damage
- Loose or incorrectly-installed screws
- Missing sealant and/or cracked sealing washers
- Bad overlap of roof sheets causing capillary draw
- Blocked gutters
How we can help
Dr Roof is a Brisbane roofing contractor, providing roof repairs service in Brisbane. For metal sheet roofs, we use a liquid rubber membrane. For tile roof repairs, we use high quality materials and expert workmanship. These things ensure you get the best repair that may outlast the rest of your roof.
When you hire Dr Roof for your leaking roof repairs, you get a 3-year warranty on workmanship and a 15-year warranty on materials. So you can sleep safe and sound, knowing that there’s a good roof over your head.
If you’re looking at roof painting, it’s important to repair any roof damage first. This ensures the quality of the paint job for a long time.
So contact us, we’ll hop on your roof, identify all the issues and suggest the quickest and most cost-effective way to seal your roof and make your house safe again as soon as possible.
It’s important to detect small faults and water penetration early. This is easy to do with regular visits to the roof, e.g. during regular roof maintenance.
We’ll catch the need for minor roof repairs even if all seems well inside your house. Repairing the roof is then even cheaper still and completely prevents any further damage.
Sometimes, it’s just a matter of loose screws and cracked seals on a metal roof, or tile cracks on a tile roof. If you’re never up there on your roof, you’ll never spot them, but they’re the quickest and easiest to repair.